Thursday, March 8, 2012

Always share memories that you treasure in your heart

When I was doing my practicum, one day I couldn't arrive on time, so I decided that I wasn't going. But in the middle of the day I went to the center looking for some material to work on. One kid, that he was diagnose with autism, when he saw me he called me by my name with an excited face. I went to him and I sat in the table that he was playing. I started talking to him and he wasn't answering any of my questions. Suddenly he looked at me and told me that I look very pretty that day. THat I should come every day dress like that. I was on shock and I just smile to him. He continue by saying that he wanted to show me a city that I will love, a beautiful city that he was sure I will wanted to visit. HE continue saying that when he grew older, he will buy a car just like his grandma and he will take me there. I was surprise, but I as very curious to know where he wanted to take me. So I ask him, and he respond the beautiful city of Puerto Rico. I stat laughing and I told him that I will love to visit Puerto Rico someday with him, but I explained him that Puerto Rico was our country it wasn't a city.

1 comment:

  1. I think that many people forget that a child coping with autism is still a child. As educators, we should offer a range of quality resources to help these children feel calm and confident. We should figure out ways to help them have fun while learning is taking place. Undeniably, autistic children normally have difficulty interacting socially with others and developing normal social skills; therefore, it is important that we create an environment where they can feel safe and confident when sharing their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete